Friday, January 15, 2010

Pumpkin Picking 2009



We took some neighborhood children out to Hafner's Farms in Baldwinsville to pick pumpkins for our annual Pumpkin Carving Party. In a short time we loaded 300 pumpkins into my trailer. The children and I enjoy making the annual trip to the pumpkin patch. Every year I chuckle to myself as I watch the children walk all the way across the field to find the perfect pumpkin. Then, the chore is carrying the pumpkin all the way back to the trailer. Generally, after much proding, I can convince them there are plenty of good pumpkins a lot closer. Hafners gives us a good deal of $1.00 for any size pumpkin. Thank you, to you folks who help us pay for the pumpkins through your donations to the Police Center. We could not do special trips like this with out your support. If you would like to veiw more photos of our Pumpkin Picking Trip click on the Flicker link on this page.

Officer Clarke

No comments: